Financial aid solutions are tailored to the individual student. Our Financial Services Team is committed to supplying possible funding solutions for those who qualify. To speak with a qualified services officer, call 1-833-388-1100 or select the live chat function to be directed to that department.
The Application Process
1. Meet our Admissions Staff
The first step towards expanding your career opportunities is meeting our admissions staff through video conferencing. Please call the Admissions Department at 833-388-1100 for a telephone interview or submit a Request Information form to contact an Admissions Representative.
2. Fill out an Application
The cost to submit an application to ANU is now $0.
Ready to apply? Click here to begin the online application process.
3. Application Review
Your application will be reviewed promptly and a determination will be made as soon as possible. Applying early is to the student’s advantage in obtaining financial assistance for those who qualify, scholarships, part-time employment, and desired class schedules.
4. Financial Services
The next step is to determine how to fund your program of study. The Financial Services team will provide you with a Financial Overview with resources to review to support you in your search for funding options. The Financial Services team is available during business office hours at 833-388-1100, extension 4.
- Military Funding:
- Military education benefits are various programs and opportunities available to service members of the military and their dependents to pursue education and training. These benefits are designed to support the personal and professional development of military personnel and their families.
- To learn more about VA Education and Training benefits visit: https://www.va.gov/education/
- State Funding:
- State grant programs are financial programs offered by individual states to support education and training for residents of that state. These programs are typically administered by the state education or vocation training within their home state.
- Employer Tuition Assistance Funding:
- Employer tuition assistance programs are offerings provided by employers to support their employees’ pursuit of education and training. These programs are designed to enhance employee skills, promote professional development, and invent in the long-term growth and success of their workforce.
- Federal Funding:
- Apply for FAFSA online: Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also known as FAFSA, is a form that students in the United States fill out annually to determine their eligibility for federal financial aid programs. The primary purpose of the FAFSA is to determine a student’s eligibility for federal financial aid programs, such as grants, loans, and work-study opportunities. It is also used by many states, colleges, and universities to determine eligibility for their own financial aid programs.
- Applying before the financial aid deadlines is important so that we can determine financial assistance options for those that qualify before you start your classes.
- You will need the school code for American National University for your FAFSA application:
- 003726 Virginia Campus
- 010489 Kentucky Campus
- After completing your FAFSA, you will have the opportunity to meet with the Financial Services team to discuss the results of your application. This will allow you to make the most informed choices regarding your investments in your education. Make sure you review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy.
Deadlines for filing financial assistance forms:
- Federal Deadlines
- 2022–23 Academic Year: The FAFSA form must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Central time (CT) on June 30, 2023. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on Sept. 9, 2023.
- 2023–24 Academic Year: The FAFSA form must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on June 30, 2024. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on Sept. 14, 2024.
- State Deadlines
- Each state has its own deadline. Refer to this site for more information: https://studentaid.gov/apply-for-aid/fafsa/fafsa-deadlines
- University Deadlines
- FAFSA applications must be received by the university before the beginning of your program. Once you complete the federal application, it can take up to 3 days for the school to receive.
- FAFSA renewals must be completed annually for each academic year in which you seek financial aid.
- Review the Academic Calendar page for program start dates.