Did you know that American National University has an outstanding record of helping displaced workers return to the workforce? Thanks to our exclusive Workforce Development Grant, which provides up to $7,500 to eligible students to supplement federal, state, and local workforce programs, those affected by layoffs are able to train for a new career, fast, with little or no out-of-pocket costs.
American National University has recently been re-approved for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I program. The WIOA program provides government funds for laid-off workers to enroll in approved programs for additional education that will give them greater opportunities. By helping them learn and develop new skills, we prepare unemployed workers for careers in the evolving global economy.
WIOA program approval extends to the following courses:
- Pharmacy Technician (Diploma and Associate’s)
- Paralegal (Diploma and Associate’s)
- Phlebotomy & ECG Diploma
- Network Support Associate’s
- Business Administration Associate’s
- Business Administration – Accounting (Diploma and Associate’s)
- Medical Coding & Billing Diploma
- Medical Assisting (Certificate and Associate’s)
- Health Information Management Associate’s
- Administrative Medical Assisting Associate’s
The application was approved by the Western Virginia Workforce Development Board (WVWDB) and Chief Local Elected Officials (CLEO) in Local Workforce Development Area 3 (LWDA3).