Finding a job can be a challenge but throw a pandemic into the mix and it feels downright impossible. Indeed.com acknowledged this truth in their recent article, “The 20 Most-Requested Certifications by Employers in 2020,” giving professionals ideas on how to level up their employability through certifications. Select programs at American National University and the University of Fairfax lend themselves to preparing students to take some of these certification exams, making themselves more employable and competitive in this tough job market.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) | Through ANU’s pharmacy technician diploma and associate’s degree programs, students learn topics explored in the computer-based exam, covering “recordkeeping, basic math, pharmaceutical laws, ethics, medical terms, and insurance.”
- CompTIA Security+ Certification | ANU’s Associate of Network Support or Bachelor of Network Administration programs prepare students for success in the Security+ certification, beneficial for entry-level professionals in information security. This certification proves to employers that the individual certified is capable of tasks such as “managing risk, cryptography, identifying threats and working with network components.”
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) | Indeed.com deemed CISSP as “arguably the most popular network security certification” due to its’ international recognition. The Master of Cybersecurity at ANU gives you sufficient background to pass the exam, “boost[ing]… your resume for managerial roles in the cybersecurity industry.” The University of Fairfax also offers a CISSP prep class for those who already meet the experiential requirements to take the certification exam.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) | An internationally acknowledged certification, the PMP certification gives the applicant leverage “as it gives employers confidence in your knowledge and project management skills.” The University of Fairfax’s Project Management and Quality Assurance Certificate prepares students for this exam – no prior higher education experience is required. In addition, ANU’s Bachelor of Business Administration degree program provides a path to achieving the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® designation, an entry-level certification for project management specialists.
- Medical Assisting | At ANU, our Medical Assisting certificate and associate’s degree have been designed to prepare students for national certifications, such as the Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC). Students will work on developing the skills and techniques needed for employment as a medical assistant or phlebotomist in a wide variety of healthcare facilities.
See the ANU and UF websites for further information on the courses offered or speak with an admissions representative today to find out how you can begin the courses that can help to leverage your career.