As a University that enrolls students from countries worldwide, we are aware that many of our International applicants acquire assistance from agents. This can be useful as they can help you with the application and Visa process. However, we are also aware that not all agents have their students’ best interest at heart. Because of this we would like to inform any of our International applicants of possible warning signs to look out for when considering working with potential agents. At American National University we will not ask or do the following:
- American National University will NOT ask you to pay tuition until you have obtained your Visa. Tuition is due before you sit in class but we will NEVER ask your agent to collect the tuition for you.
- Before starting classes, American National University only requests 4 fees. The application fee of $75, I-20 processing fee of $50, Matriculation fee after obtaining your Visa of $250. After that we request your tuition to be paid before you start your classes.
- If you need to apply for a change of status to an F-1 Visa, we will issue your I-20 once we receive all necessary information. However, then it is up to the student to go to the USCIS.GOV website to start the process. If you need assistance, we will be happy to assist you.
- Some agents will state that they will apply for your Change of Status on your behalf so it is extremely important for you to request copies of ALL paperwork in regards to your case. Once your Visa expires you are then out of status. There is no window to apply after that and there are no exceptions. Some agents have been known to not complete the paperwork in time which harms only the student. USCIS recommends that a prospective student file for a change of status at least 45 days before their current status expires.
- All I-20s automatically go into a cancelled status 60 days after their start date listed in their I-20. If an agent provides you an I-20 more than 60 days old it is highly recommended to call the University to confirm the legitimacy of your status.
- All prospective students need to ensure that they have spoken to an Admissions Representative to ensure the validity of their application. Your Admissions Representative is there to help so please utilize their services.
- If you ever have any questions about what is required to apply call American National University. We are here to help and to assist with whatever questions or concerns you may have.