Minimum technology requirements for enrolling in an online course include:
- Desktop or laptop computer utilizing Windows 7, 8 or 10; Macintosh OS 10.9 or higher
- A working webcam (built-in or externally connected)
- Speaker and microphone (built-in or headset with microphone)
- Broadband Internet Access
- Java version 7 or higher
- Pop-up blockers disabled
- Browser: Firefox from Mozilla version 31 or higher, Chrome from Google version 35 or higher, Safari version 6 or higher, Internet Explorer Version 11 or higher (Chrome is the preferred browser)
- Adobe Reader version 9 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player version 10 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player version 7 or higher
- Microsoft Office 365 (available free to students via download)
Please note Chromebooks are supported in Canvas; however some features/integrations in Canvas may not work when using a Chromebook.
Some courses may require additional software. Please check your course syllabus. Some courses will have software access codes or keys that are purchased with the textbook.