With tax season over for 2019, it’s once again time to submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2020-21. The FAFSA is key to unlocking any Federal student aid you might be eligible for – but did you know it is also used to determine state and institutional aid eligibility as well? Completing the FAFSA as soon as possible is important as you will be first in line for certain state funding, such as in Tennessee and Kentucky.
Our Financial Aid Office can help you navigate the process, from federal and state aid programs to American National University’s own grant and scholarship programs. ANU provided more than $6 million in institutional aid in the 2018-2019 academic year.
To fill out the FAFSA form you will need:
- Username and password (FSA ID)
- Social Security Number
- 2020 tax records information
- Records of your untaxed income
- Records of your assets
- List of school’s you’re interested in
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information into the form
- Read definitions carefully and double-check your information before hitting submit
- Wait for the confirmation page before closing your browser
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for any errors
To ensure your consideration for the full range of ANU institutional aid program, be sure to enter our school code when completing your FAFSA:
- For campuses in Kentucky: 010489 and 003726
- For all other campuses: 003726
If you have any questions about the financial aid process, reach out to us by calling 833.388.1100 or visiting the ANU website.